Friday, September 24, 2010

change is a good thing.

So, a lot has changed since I last posted.  First of all, I got offered an awesome job and I start on October 4th.  Maybe all the hell that I went through when I first moved down here to Atlanta will pay off.  I also seem to be moving out of my depression slump and into a state of inspiration and organization.  I think I may even look into organizations to join to get me out of the house and into the public, yes this is progress for me.  I am a major homebody, not in the strange bed sore way but in the perfection organization way.  There always seems like there is something to move around or clean, but maybe all of that can wait for a while.

Also, I recently got some satisfaction from one of my former flames.  Every girl has one, you know the guy that breaks your heart, causes pain with lies, then dates a girl in your circle of friends, shoves it in your face, then doesn't have the time to even acknowledge that you exist, and causes drama for you when you clearly aren't in high school any longer.  Well, mine did all of the above then some so today when he contacted me via facebook I was surprised to say the least.  Not only have I not spoken to him since January, but he just got married last week to the girl he was spending time with when he was still calling me on a semi-regular basis when we were "working things out".  What did he have to say you may ask? He had two things to discuss...he apologized then asked for my help, well actually my dad's help to get him into active duty.  Yes, you read that right, he only half apologized in reality and over 8 months late with strings attached. 

My response was witty and probably partly uncalled, but you know life is too short for people to think they can walk all over you like you don't matter.  People and their feelings, time, and actions are not disposable.  I am not someone that is going to just lay down on the tracks and wait for the train to blow through. Think again.  But in the end, I am not a hateful person, do not wish ill feelings on anyone, but that does not mean that I am going to sit back and let you expose and manipulate my weakness.  Sorry, but I am not an idiot, and believe it or not since you (my ex) I have heightened my radar on douchebag.  Shoutout to my friends, Rachel, Hallie, Linzie, and Megan who understand and laughed with me at my response.  Nothing like getting your life in order and loving your life to be the best revenge possible.

So, needless to say things in Atlanta are looking up and I'm all smiles these days.

1 comment:

  1. Love it.
    I feel as though your response was warranted, to say the least. I know I've said it before, but I'm very proud of you! It is NEVER wrong to stand up for yourself-regardless of the potential consequences.

    Shout out back to you for everything :)

    xoxo,
    Hallie

    ReplyDelete