Sunday, August 8, 2010

Waiting on the Bottom to Fall Out.

People always say things will get worse before they get better, but how can you tell if this is the worst of it or if the bottom is waiting to fall out?

Moving to a new city alone is challenging to say the least, but there is also something so pure about the whole experience so far. Being away from everything you have ever known in a new zipcode really makes you evaluate everything that is real about the life you have been thrown into. Starting your first job fresh out of college allows you to see what you want from your life and how you can live for the future without forgetting the present. I don't like my new job, that's no secret, but the hope of having my dreams come true is the reason I am able to wake up in the morning with my brain spinning.

I am in love with food, techniques, and everything culinary related so that is the dream. I want to go to culinary school, travel and eat my way around the world, be healthy in my heart and soul, fall in love with a wonderful man, and eventually open an eatery.

I am not a patient person, so knowing I have to wait for all these things to happen is utterly obnoxious, but once again you have to do what it takes. In the end, whatever it takes is exactly what it takes.

So, while I am waiting and hoping that everything will work out, I'm gonna be cooking it up in my kitchen, walking my dog, and saying my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment